Weird ==> Re: [vtkusers] noise_data

anast.jm at pg.com anast.jm at pg.com
Fri Aug 10 11:08:37 EDT 2001

This is weird, I must have sent this message to the list at least a month ago
and it just came to my email today...the immediate header below says the kitware
server sent it on 7/5/2001! Can the internet be THAT slow or is it my internal
mail problem (I hope not). Did others on the list see this message today???

.....thanks, john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:      public.kitware.com
 [208.136.18.25]

Envelope Sender:    vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
From: John Anast-JM/PGI at PGI@public.kitware.com on 07/05/2001 05:10 PM AST

                                John           To:   Karshi <karshi.hasanov at utoronto.ca>
 Anast-JM/PGI at PGI@public.kitware.com           Cc:   vtkusers at public.kitware.com (bcc:
                                            John Anast-JM/PGI)
                                       Subject:      Re: [vtkusers] noise_data
                            Sent by:
   vtkusers-admin at public.kitware.com
                 07/05/2001 05:10 PM

Karshi, I've not used this class but .... from the man pages -> examples

vtkImageMedian3D
Python
./imaging/examplesPython/TestHybridMedian2D.py
./imaging/examplesPython/TestMedian3D.py
Tcl
./imaging/examplesTcl/HybridMedianComparison.tcl
./imaging/examplesTcl/MedianComparison.tcl
./imaging/examplesTcl/TestHybridMedian2D.tcl
./imaging/examplesTcl/TestMedian3D.tcl

If you don't know what I'm talking about, there is a series of man(ual) pages at
http://public.kitware.com/vtk/quality/Doc/html/ Use the alphabetical list to
find the class you are interested in using and on that classes page under
"detailed description" there is a link to the examples (thats what I've pasted
above) You will need to download the vtk source to get all the wonderful
examples, as, if I remember correctly the binary installs just give a few
examples....john

 Internet Mail Message
 Received from host:
 bureau8.utcc.utoronto.ca [128.100.132.18]

From: Karshi <karshi.hasanov at utoronto.ca>@utoronto.ca on 07/05/2001 03:07 PM

      Karshi <karshi.hasanov at utoronto.ca>           To:   John Anast-JM/PGI at PGI
                             @utoronto.ca           Cc:
                                            Subject:      Re: [vtkusers]
noise_data

           Sent by:  khasanov at utoronto.ca
                      07/05/2001 04:07 PM

Thanks John,

 Where I can find an example of using vtkImageMedian3D?
For example, if I have Ax[i,j,k],Ay[i,j,k] and Az[i,j,k] components of vector
A,and
these all StructuredPoints Data Array. How do I perform the vtkImageMedian3D
method on
these arrays?
I use python, but  I can transfer Tcl/C++ examples if  it can becan found..
Thanks again

anast.jm at pg.com wrote:

> vtkImageMedian3D or vtkImageGaussianSmooth perhaps would fit your need....john
>

>  Internet Mail Message
>  Received from host:      public.kitware.com
>  [208.136.18.25]
>

> From: Karshi <karshi.hasanov at utoronto.ca>@public.kitware.com on 07/04/2001
08:42
> PM