[vtkusers] Easy was to remove empty cells, unused points?

Johnny Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 10 10:49:34 EDT 2001

Hi,

I'd like to know is if there's an existing filter to remove empty cells
and/or any unused points from a vtkPolyData object.  I have to remove a large
percentage of cells from a vtkPolyData object, and I'd like to reclaim the
memory used by the VTK_EMPTY_CELL placeholders and the unused points.  It
doesn't seem that vtkCleanPolyData does it, nor does simply calling the
Squeeze() method.

Thanks for any pointers,
John
--