[vtkusers] About OffScreen Question ^_^

Lin Sun-In lsi at nchc.gov.tw
Wed Aug 8 05:22:20 EDT 2001

Dear VTK author:

	I have a problem about VTK. We know OpenGL fo Win32 has support
offscreen function , and VTK for Win32 also provide similar functions.
But now I want to try this feature in Unix-like platform, but i have no
idea. Could you please tell me any solution about this.

PS : Because I want to run VTK program in the background, but the
RenderWindow need a X-Window Server to display the result. So I must
login to take a window manager or set the "DISPLAY" environment variable
to transfer the display to another machine. But I want to have the same
function in Win32 OS ==> "offscreen". Could you please tell me how can i
do it ????

				Kevin