[vtkusers] VTK and MacOSX

William A. Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Fri Apr 27 12:51:02 EDT 2001

There is a section in vtkDynamicLoader.cxx for the MAC, but
perhaps the ifdef is incorrect.   We don't have a MAC here at Kitware,
but here is the code:

// ---------------------------------------------------------------
// 2. Implementation for the Power PC (MAC)
#ifdef __powerc
#define VTKDYNAMICLOADER_DEFINED 1
#include <CodeFragments.h>
#include <Errors.h>
#include <Threads.h>
#include <Timer.h>

vtkLibHandle vtkDynamicLoader::OpenLibrary(const char* libname )
{
    Str63 libName;
    libName[0] = strlen(libname);
    strcpy((char*) &libName[1], libname);
    ConnectionID connID;
    Ptr mainAddr;
    Str255 errName;
    OSErr err = GetSharedLibrary(
        libName, kPowerPCArch, kLoadLib, &connID, &mainAddr, errName
    );
    return err == fragNoErr ? connID : 0;
}

int vtkDynamicLoader::CloseLibrary(vtkLibHandle lib)
{
  return 0;
}

void* vtkDynamicLoader::GetSymbolAddress(vtkLibHandle lib, const char* sym)
{
  Str255 symName;
  symName[0] = strlen(sym);
  strcpy((char*) &symName[1], sym);
  Ptr symAddr;
  SymClass symClass;
  OSErr err = FindSymbol(lib, symName, &symAddr, &symClass);
  return (void*) symAddr;
}

const char* vtkDynamicLoader::LibPrefix()
{
  return "";
}

const char* vtkDynamicLoader::LibExtension()
{
  return ".lib";
}

const char* vtkDynamicLoader::LastError()
{
  return 0;
}
#endif

If you implement that section, it should work.  It is falling through all the
ifdefs to the default unix machine which includes dlfcn.h.
I can help you off the list if you have problems.

-Bill