[vtkusers] Calling convention

Elizeu L. dos Santos Neto elsn at loqnl.ufal.br
Tue Apr 17 15:50:30 EDT 2001

    Hello All,

    I use MSVC 6.0 and Windows 2000.
    After I build the Vtk from VtkNightly sources I try to run my old programs... and I've got the follow message:

"The Value of ESP was not porperly saved acrros a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with different calling convention."

    So, I change my project configuration trying several "Calling conventions" (__stdcall and __cdecl), I thought It's happening because I was using an incorrect calling convention in my project, insted of the choosed to build vtkNightly, but... I've checked at the makefile and CL.exe received the default calling convention parameters (__cdecl).
    This problem occurrs in this code line:

    polyData[i]->SetPoints(toPoints[i]->getOutput());

    "toPoints[i]->getOutput()" returns a vtkPoints object reference, and before I start using the recently build VTKNIGHTLY library I did not ever see this problem!

    Could anyone tell me something about ? whats is wrong?

    Thanks a lot in advance.

PS.: I'll download the sources and try to build again.

[]s
Elizeu Neto