[vtkusers] Java on vtk

Brian Henz bjhenz at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 3 08:32:58 EDT 2001

>Users,
>
>I've dowloaded the vtknightly i(windows) java vtk and also the jdk1.1.8
>development system
>from sun.

Hmm, first try getting a newer SDK from sun here.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download-windows.html

>I've managed to compile java without any vtk but seem to have great
>difficulty doing
>the vtk applications.
>
>I got the vtkPanel.java from somewhere (can't remember where) and
>included this in the
>unpacked vtk jar file.
>
>I fail in the vtkPanel at a point where the Renderers are expected.
>
>What's going wrong - Anybody any ideas??
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave Davies

The application or the vtkPanel.java file may be old in which case it may be
calling getRenderer() instead of GetRenderer().  Otherwise try getting the
precompiled binaries from kitware, these are somewhat older, Feb. 12th but
on windows they work fine.  I have had some trouble in Unix with the way the
older vtkPanel works but under windows only few problems, like not getting
text to always work under WinNT.

Brian