[vtkusers] data visualisation help

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitm.ernet.in
Tue Sep 26 03:53:14 EDT 2000

hi,

	After a quick read of your mail I found it hard to figure out
what exactly you want to do.  I am guessing that you have a 3D
structured/rectilinear dataset and have 5 different data attributes
for each point, and you'd like to contour this data.  If this is the
case I'd suggest that you understand how to use the vtk data format.
You can read about it here

http://www.kitware.com/FileFormats.pdf

	There are readers built into VTK that understand the formats
mentioned in the above url.  You can use them to do what you want.
There are several example programs that contour 3D scalar data.

prabhu

    mushy2> Hi vtkusers, I have a datafile of eight columns, each
    mushy2> column has about 300 rows (see attached datafile), from
    mushy2> this datafile two columns need taken into an array (the
    mushy2> two columns that are picked are always the same two
    mushy2> columns) and the data in these two columns which are the x
    mushy2> and y co-ordinates are then used to draw regions onto an
    mushy2> applet.

<snip>