[vtkusers] VolView 1.2

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Thu Sep 21 22:57:56 EDT 2000

Hello Frank,

We did release a pre-beta version of VolView 1.2 in mid-August, but we did
not advertise it.  We receive some good feedback from the folks testing the
pre-beta, and as a result we have added a few new features such as
multi-resolution VolumePro rendering (to handle very large volumes that the
board might not render quickly due to supervoluming) and explicit control
over the levels of detail. These extra features have slowed down the
release of the beta, but we expect to make it available on our web site
next week. I will send a note out to the list when it is there.

Lisa