[vtkusers] non-maximum suppression..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Fri Sep 15 01:53:22 EDT 2000

Have a question on   vtkNonMaximumSuppression...

When non-maximum suppr. is applied along the gradient direction, are the
gradient magnitudes
interpolated to the intersections of the gradient vector with the pixel
lattice before checking
for a gradient magnitude peak?  Or are we just comparison to the nearest
lattice points' gradient
magnitude.

Also, it might be worth having a class to do hysteresis thresholding
(with a connected component
style algorithm to resolve  edge points) - I have the code = if there is
interest I can find some
time to pack it into a class..

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 687-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs