[vtkusers] probe filter..

K.R.Subramanian krs at zappa.uncc.edu
Tue Sep 12 14:33:52 EDT 2000

I am using the probe filter to extract slices at arbitrary
orientations.. (using vtkPlaneSource)..
works fine on structured points data and some rigged up examples of
structured grid. Then
I tried it on a real vascular dataset - which is also a structured grid.
The volume is a U shaped
curve. But on this dataset, it seems to take literally hours before it
extracted the slice (which
it did correctly). I am puzzled as to why it took so long or where it
got into some kind of a loop..

Are there any situations under which this could happen?

Thanks.

    -- krs

--
K.R.Subramanian                           Phone: (704) 687-4872
Department of Computer Science            FAX:   (704) 687-3516
9201 Univ. City Blvd.                     Email: krs at cs.uncc.edu
Charlotte, NC 28223-0001                  WWW: http://www.cs.uncc.edu/~krs