[vtkusers] Suggested Addition to vtkImageData class

Asad A. Abu-Tarif tarifa at rpi.edu
Wed Sep 6 17:52:57 EDT 2000

Hi,
I was writing registration classes and I found it useful to include getting scalar values in vtkStructuredPoints data sets using a certain type of interpolation. So, I added that functionality to the vtkImageData class.

If any one is interested, the new files are attached. The new function (called 'GetScalarAtPoint') proves useful for things like calculating the Mutual Information between two data sets which is very common when registering two data sets. Also, it can be used in the Ray Casting method (although the current implementation will be faster since it uses a macro implementation).

Finally, adding these member functions to the official release (if possible) will save me the trouble of inserting them each time I update my vtk libraries.

Thanks,
Asad Abu-Tarif

The added lines are:
vtkImageData.cxx (Lines 100-101, Lines 1714-1764).
vtkImageData.h (Lines 60-62, Lines 326-337, 370-371).

     /                        Asad A. Abu-Tarif                                       \
     |   Computer Engineering.                                                      |
     |   PhD Candidate, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).       |
     |    tarifa at rpi.edu                                                                  |