[vtkusers] Cut planes and mouse?

Carlos Martinez cmarbur at iti.upv.es
Mon Sep 4 09:12:36 EDT 2000

Hello.

I am a new user of VTK. I am looking for examples of programs in wich
there are cut planes. I need to know if I could do cut planes of
unstructured grids of tetrahedra, like 3D Delaunay
triangularization or it is only possible in voxel grids. Can I do cut
planes from more than one object. Is it possible with the mesh of the
boundary of the objects. I want to obtain a cut plane in wich the object
is shown like a solid.

Another thing is that I don't know if it is possible to do 3D constrained
triangularizations like in the pappers from
www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Node/2533/phindex.htm.

I would also know if it is possible to click with mouse and obtain a
reference to the object pointed, like in OpenGL, to link it with a
database and do a visual query. Is this possible or the mouse is only to
navigate?

Sorry for my English and thanks.

       #       Carlos Martínez Burgos   # Email: cmarbur at iti.upv.es  #
       #       Ingeniero Informático    # Tel: 963877242             #
       # Instituto Tec. de Informática  # Addr: UPV Camí de Vera S/N #
       # Univ. Politècnica de València  # Valencia (Spain)           #