[vtkusers] Problems with vtkProgrammableFilter

Andrew Maclean a.maclean at acfr.usyd.edu.au
Thu Oct 26 00:54:21 EDT 2000

I am trying to use the vtkProgrammableSource class in a C++ program in the
same manner as in the TCL example:
./contrib/examplesTcl/reconstructSurface.tcl.

Can anyone give me an example of the usage of SetExecuteMethod?
Essentially I don’t understand what the second parameter does. It doesen’t
seem to be documented in the manual or the VTK User’s Guide. What is arg and
why does the TCL example use only one parameter? (Generally you can easily
move from TCL to C++ - but not in this case!).

I assumed that if I define a function as: void Reader () then I can use
xx->SetExecuteMethod( test ); however it requires a second parameter – what
do I use and what is it?

The function declaration is: void SetExecuteMethod (void (*func)(void *) ,
void *arg);

Thanks
    Andrew