[vtkusers] list of file formats?

Sebastien BARRE seb-ml-a at barre.nom.fr
Wed Oct 25 14:48:45 EDT 2000

At 25/10/00 20:02 +0200, Karin Faulhaber wrote:

>I was wondering if there is a list of file formats vtk is able to read
>and write (3D and things like GIF) OTHER then the one on the vtk
>homepage FAQ? (Because the date given on this page is some time in
>1997).

VTK format is described here :
http://www.kitware.com/FileFormats.pdf

Supported formats are easy to find :
http://visualizationtoolkit.org/vtk/quality/Doc/html/classes.html
check for the class with "Writer", "Reader", "Export", "Import" or "Source"
in their name.
or browse the inheritance tree of vtkImageReader, vtkPolyDataSource,
vtkPolyDataWriter.

and additional VTK classes might be found here (provided that their authors
send me an emal :) :
http://www.hds.utc.fr/~barre/vtk/links.html#classes

There seems to be a JPEG reader here :
http://www.cineca.it/visit/devel/vtk/vtkClasses.html