[vtkusers] Debugging vtkdll from Borland C++ Builder

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Fri Oct 13 07:02:39 EDT 2000

[apologies this messsage may appear twice]

>Is there anyone else out there using C++ Builder that can help me?

Yes. I have written my own version of PCmaker in C++Builder and I generate
makefiles which have the correct flags for debugging into the DLLs. As
mentioned earlier in the week, I'm no longer supporting my C++Builder web
pages so have removed my DLLbuilder software. However,

-DUSEPACKAGES;_RTLDLL;_DEBUG;_NO_VCL;_WINDOWS;_WINDLL;_USRDLL;WIN32;STRICT;V
TKDLL;VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB
    -Ve -Vx -a8 -k -c -b- -tWM -tWD -tWR -w- -P -Od -r- -v -vi- -y -5
  -I$(BCB)\include;$(BCB)\include\rw;$(BCB)\include\vcl;

-IC:\Progra~1\tcl\include;D:\vtk\common;D:\vtk\contrib;D:\vtk\graphics;D:\vt
k\imaging

the above flags are the ones I use - look at the -v -O options in the BCB
help files for more info.

must run as visitor has arrived...

JB