[vtkusers] (no subject)

Wat wat at toshi.kuciv.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Oct 12 12:04:57 EDT 2000

Hello,

     I try to use vtk with a X-server (X-winpro) on winNt but the
vtkOpenGlRenderWindow said that it could not find a decent visual.  Can
anyone tell me how to fix this? The maximum depth that I have is 24 bpp. My
output from xdpyinfo is included below.

Thanks you in advance
Tirawat Boonyatee
Kyoto University, Japan

version number:    11.0
vendor string:    Labtam Europe Ltd.
vendor release number:    6400
maximum request size:  262140 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    2
supported pixmap formats:
     depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
     depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 254
focus:  PointerRoot
number of extensions:    9
     Extended-Visual-Information
     GLX
     LBX
     MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
     SECURITY
     SGI-GLX
     SHAPE
     XC-APPGROUP
     XC-MISC
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
   dimensions:    1152x864 pixels (244x183 millimeters)
   resolution:    120x120 dots per inch
   depths (1):    24
   root window id:    0x25
   depth of root window:    24 planes
   number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
   default colormap:    0x23
   default number of colormap cells:    256
   preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
   largest cursor:    32x32
   current input event mask:    0x0
   number of visuals:    1
   default visual id:  0x22
   visual:
     visual id:    0x22
     class:    TrueColor
     depth:    24 planes
     available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
     red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
     significant bits in color specification:    8 bits