[vtkusers] debugging vkt source

Amy Henderson amy.henderson at kitware.com
Mon Oct 9 08:47:33 EDT 2000

At 01:28 PM 10/8/2000 -0400, David Gobbi wrote:
>On Sun, 8 Oct 2000, Wolfram H Volpi wrote:
>
> > Is there a debugger to trace a vtk C++ function when it is called from a
> > tcl script?
>
>With gcc and gdb, at least, all you have to do is run the 'vtk' executable
>from within the debugger.  I do this all the time, both with tcl and
>python.
You can also do this in the debugger in Visual C++.  Open the workspace for
vtk (c:\vtkbin\Debug\makefile1, for example).  Go to Project | Settings,
and click on the Debug tab.  Set the "working directory" to whatever
directory your tcl script is in, and set "program arguments" to the
filename of your tcl script.  You'll also need to set breakpoints in the
C++ code in the functions you're wanting to look at.  Then run (F5) in the
debugger.

Amy