[vtkusers] New release of vtkEditor with workspace like in 3D Studio

kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be kitware-vtk at kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be
Wed Nov 29 09:28:04 EST 2000

---  Forwarded by news2mail for vtkEditor <vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be> ---

Hi,

We've just released version 1.5 of vtkEditor. You can find it at
http://www.esat.kuleuven.ac.be/~vtkedit/.
New in this version:
- Starting with version 1.5, you'll need to compile the Cgenprocs.cpp
file.
  For Windows users, we've put a precompiled DLL online.
  For Unix/Linux users, we've succesfully compiled the shared library on
  the following platforms:
      - Linux,
      - Alpha (Tru64),
      - SGI,
      - Solaris,
      - HP.
- Added a 3D studio MAX like workspace. You'll now get a top, left,
front
  and 3D view. You can move vertices in the wireframe top, left and
front
  views.
- Started on the implementation of boolean addition. You can activate it
  by pressing CTRL+B. It's still experimental!

IMPORTANT: If you're a Windows user, you can download the
vtkEditor_win32_all_in_one_package.exe package. This package contains
everything you need to get started. With this package, you don't need to
install BWidget, VTK or TCL.

We're still working on some more features (Actor grouping, boolean
operations,...).
About the grouping, does anyone know an easy way to do so. The purpose
is to keep separate actors, but to be able to manipulate (rotate,
move,...) the group as a whole.
Suggestions, new features are welcome at vtkedit at esat.kuleuven.ac.be.

--
vtkEditor