[vtkusers] Re: Improving VTK packages: some suggestions. [long]

Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be
Fri Nov 24 12:05:47 EST 2000

> FYI, at Kitware we (Bill Hoffman) have developed  a tool called CMake
> (cross-platform make) that will eventually replace the current vtk build
> process.

Just want to mention that we have been facing similar problems with the
TargetJr + IUE software package (which is even much larger than VTK ;-)
We have gone over several approaches, starting from Imakefiles, then
autoconf + simplified makefiles + gnu make, and we are now also
experimenting with CMake, especially to support VC++ project files.

--                  Peter Vanroose
                    Electrotechnical Department (ESAT/PSI)
                    K.U.Leuven, Belgium.
                    Peter.Vanroose at esat.kuleuven.ac.be