[vtkusers] vtk2.3 Text labels on Windows 2000

Dave Porritt dave.porritt at dspace.co.uk
Fri Nov 24 10:22:43 EST 2000

Hi,

We are having a problem with displaying text in the foreground on
Windows 2000.  This only seems to occur under parallel projection and
can be seen by running the labeledMesh.tcl example in the imaging
directory by adding the line :

  [ren1 GetActiveCamera] ParallelProjectionOn

The problem doesn't seem to occur under NT, '95, '98, Linux or Irix.

I assume it is some bug in 2k but would be greatful if someone could
offer a workround.

We have tried changing the call to glOrtho in vtkWin32OpenGLTextMapper
to be :

  glOrtho(0,vsize[0] -1, 0, vsize[1] -1, -1, 0);

which has the expected effect under NT but none under 2k!

Regards,

Dave