[vtkusers] Separating VTKWindow

John Biddiscombe jbiddiscombe at skippingmouse.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 16:09:24 EST 2000

>But, after I call vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren->Start () the program
>hangs and I cannot get back to the command line utility. I tried making

You'll have to hook into the message handling code and ensure that when you
press a "certain" key (such as q or e) the message proc stops intercepting
messages and hands them back to the old message handler. Look at
vtkWin32RenderWindow and the interactor interface (i think from memory) and
you can see how the window allows a hook to be inserted. To close it during
operation like an on off switch will be a bit tedious, but ought to be
strightforward....

JB