[vtkusers] Separating VTKWindow

Sathya Krishnamurthy skrishna at cscs.ch
Thu Nov 23 11:47:12 EST 2000

Hello Everybody

I have a command line interface to an triangulation program. The program
is written fully in C++. I have added VTK functionality so that I can
visualize the results.

But, after I call vtkRenderWindowInteractor iren->Start () the program
hangs and I cannot get back to the command line utility. I tried making

vtk Window using threads but I could not accomplish it succesfully. Has
any body managed to obtain an command line utility in VTK in c++
environment ? I know that Tcl environment offers but I do not wish this
environment.

I would greatly appreciate any help in this.

Thanks

Regards

Sathya