[vtkusers] Using FLTK and VTK

Joey Mukherjee joey at phobos.space.swri.edu
Fri Nov 10 10:27:42 EST 2000

>Yeah,
>its easily confused.
>
>You need to update the Fl side too (ugh).
>
>  vtkFlRenderWindow *renWin;
>  Fl_vtk_Window *vtkwin;
>    // .... stuff ....
>  global.renWin->Render();
>  global.vtkwin->redraw();

>> I might be using something wrong since I let VTK/FLTK create my window:
>>
>> // Creates a new VTK/GL window embedded in the current window.
>>
>>         _iren = new Fl_vtk_Window (_renWin, 1, 1,600, 600);
>>         _iren->size_range (10, 10, 0, 0);
>>         _iren->show (0, NULL);

Ok, this works!  Thanks; however, I am having one other problem.  After drawing,
I can no longer use my menus because the Fl_vtk_Window has corrupted the fl_xid
or something.  Could this be because I let the Fl_vtk_Window create the window
for me?  Have you seen this error:

X_CreateWindow: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 0x37
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_ChangeProperty: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e
X_MapWindow: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 0x700011e

I get this if I try to bring up any of my menus or even the file_open dialog.
Naturally, everything works as long as I don't draw.

Any ideas?

Joey

+     Joey Mukherjee                                                       +
+      joey at swri.org                      "I intend to live forever,       +
+  http://www.space.swri.edu/~joey        so far, so good...               +