[vtkusers] 3D from image slices taken at regular angles?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Nov 10 07:15:34 EST 2000

Hi Greg-

As a first cut you might try vtkStructuredGrid. This is topologically regular
(as you described) but requires geometric coordinate specification. This will
take care of the representation.

Rendering with transparency is a little trickier. One approach would be to
resample on a volume, and then volume render that. Another is to generate
a series of cut planes (like in the example graphics/examplesTcl/combVol.tcl).
If you are real ambitious, you could write a filter that extracted planes from
your radially structured data in sorted order (sorted along the camera view
from back to front) and then render that. (Sorting is required to insure
correct compositing / alpha blending).

Will