[vtkusers] StructuredData to Image

David Lloret david at cvc.uab.es
Mon Nov 6 06:21:44 EST 2000

Dear All,
    I hope this is the proper mailing list for my question. Otherwise, I
apologize (but help welcome anyway). [yes, I have searched the FAQs and
the news files]

    I am using the marching cubes example in the book to read an MR
images, display skull, etc, which works very nice. It seems to segment
the brain surface very nicely, and I would like to import the
segmentation to my own image package.  Of course, I could write a c++
code to read the triangle coordinates, but I am sure this has been done
thousands of times before.

Now, the question:
    How can I convert the structured points generated after marching,
decimating, smoothing, normals, and stripping  to a data volume I could
write to disk?

    Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

David

david at cvc.uab.es