[vtkusers] Re: Memory loss under dual-cpu/Win2000/OpenGL

Lisa Sobierajski Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Sun Nov 5 22:15:14 EST 2000

Hi Nigel,

I have a similar problem under Windows 2000 which I was blaming on my video
driver, but maybe it is the fact that my machine has two processors, who
knows? VolView takes about 350MB just to start (no data loaded) where it
takes under 30 on a Windows NT system with the same video card. I have not
looked carefully at whether VTK causes leaks, but everything seems to (even
when I am not running VTK the memory size grows until I need to reboot)

Lisa