[vtkusers] Memory loss under dual-cpu/Win2000/OpenGL

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Sat Nov 4 00:43:58 EST 2000

On August 28 I described a massive memory leak our dual-cpu
Win2000 boxes were having with Vtk/OpenGL.  Finally got around
to running our application on WinNT 4 and Win98 single cpu
machines... and the good news is that there was none of the
memory loss described earlier (40MB, plus 4MB per run!).
So, seems to be related to Win2000/OpenGL, as suggested
by Kitware folks.  Will send a note to MS and report back.

Nigel