Problem with setting WindowID and Stereo

Matthias Bolten bolten at informatik.mu-luebeck.de
Wed May 24 09:39:43 EDT 2000

hi!

I have a problem with setting the WindowID of a newly created
vtkRenderWindow using the following code:

m_RenderWindow = vtkRenderWindow::New();
m_RenderWindow->SetWindowId((void*) nId);

I do this to embed the vtkRenderWindow in my application (written in
qt). The problem is, that I can not enable Stereo mode (CrystalEyes)
anymore. If do not embed the window everything runs fine, I think that
the visual information gets lost, when I switch the WindowID. Is there
any way to get arround this problem? I use vtk 2.3 on an Origin 2000
running IRIX 6.4, Display is an Octane running IRIX 6.4, too.

TIA

Matthias

Matthias Bolten  |  Email: bolten at informatik.mu-luebeck.de
"info vtkusers" to the same address.