disabling the picker's bounding box

Patric.Weis at mycrona.de Patric.Weis at mycrona.de
Mon May 22 05:28:16 EDT 2000

Hi Maurizio!

Simply derive your own interactor style class from vtkInteractorStyle and
overload the virtual function vtkInteractorStyle::HighlightActor().
To disable the bounding box  make your HighlightActor() a dummy function.
To change the the aspect you can implement all or parts of the original
source code of HighlightActor() in vtkInteractorStyle.cxx. You need vtk 3.0
at least to be able to do that!

Good luck!

Patric Weis
MYCRONA GmbH

- - - Original Messages - - -

On 15/05/2000 11.57.49 Maurizio Turatti wrote:

>Hi,
>how can I disable the actor's bounding box appearing when I execute a pick
on
>it? It's possible to change its aspect (color, for example)?

                    John Biddiscombe
                    <j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk        An:     "Maurizio Turatti" <mturatti at ais.it>, vtkusers at public.kitware.com
                    >                              Kopie:
                    Gesendet von:                  Thema:  Re: disabling the picker's bounding box
                    owner-vtkusers at public.k
                    itware.com

                    16.05.00 14:14

>Simply write your own picker class :)

>All the picker does is test a line against the actors and from there the
>datasets. Whichever Point (for pointpicker) or cell for Cellpicker is
>closest gets selected. For the actor, an OutlineSource is used to genrate
>the wireframe. Get the picker's Actor, from there get the mapper or
>property, then SetVisibilty(0) or do any other tweaks you want.

"info vtkusers" to the same address.