disabling the picker's bounding box

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Tue May 16 09:14:36 EDT 2000

>>how can I disable the actor's bounding box appearing when I execute a
pick on
>>it? It's possible to change its aspect (color, for example)?

Simply write your own picker class :)

All the picker does is test a line against the actors and from there the
datasets. Whichever Point (for pointpicker) or cell for Cellpicker is
closest gets selected. For the actor, an OutlineSource is used to genrate
the wireframe. Get the picker's Actor, from there get the mapper or
property, then SetVisibilty(0) or do any other tweaks you want.

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.