Problems with vtk installation (Win32-MFC)

Nigel Nunn nNunn at ausport.gov.au
Sat May 20 14:55:40 EDT 2000

Hi Stefano,

> but i obtain building errors when i try to run
> any example.I have to use vtk to handle the
> output of a c++ numerical computation library.
> Could somebody explain me what exactly do i have
> to do with Visual C++ 6.0 and the vtk files if i
> want to see at least one example running ?

VC++ builds your application using the definitions
it finds in the "vtk*.lib" files.  These must match
the actual Vtk classes found in the "vtk*.dll" files
that a program finds when it trys to run.

There may be older Vtk dlls in your system directory.
Can you describe the ...

  "building errors when i try to run"?

Nigel
nnunn at ausport.gov.au

--- Stefano Perticoni [stperti at tin.it] wrote ---

I have Visual Studio 6++ and i downloaded everything
from ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk .

I used the procedure described in

ftp://public.kitware.com/pub/vtk/vtk312Win32Src.zip

to install the library but i obtain building errors
when i try to run any example.I have to use vtk to
handle the output of a c++ numerical computation
library.
Could somebody explain me what exactly do i have
to do with Visual C++ 6.0 and the vtk files if i
want to see at least one example running ?
I'm using Win 98 SE.

Thanks :o)   !
Stefano Perticoni from Italy

"info vtkusers" to the same address.