actor picking with vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor

Agris Klimkans agris at phc.chalmers.se
Sat May 20 11:37:53 EDT 2000

Hi!

I am writing a MFC doc/view program on a w2k computer and encountered difficulties with actor picking.
To set up the renderer, window and interactor I am using the following code

void CMadelungView::PrepareForUnitCellPlot()
{
 m_pRenderer = vtkRenderer::New();
 m_pRenWin = vtkWin32OpenGLRenderWindow::New();
 HWND hwnd = this->GetSafeHwnd();
  m_pRenWin->AddRenderer(m_pRenderer);
  m_pRenWin->SetParentId(hwnd);

 m_pIren = vtkWin32RenderWindowInteractor::New();
 m_pIren->SetRenderWindow(m_pRenWin);
}

1) I can rotate and zoom actors with mouse, but keyboard commands (like "p" - picking, "w" - wireframe, etc.) doesn't work. Is there something missing in my code?
2) I would like also to start picking of actors with a menu command instead of "p". Is there an easy way how to do it?

Thanks in advance!
---------------------------------
Agris Klimkans
Department of Physical Chemistry