Dynamic data visualization in VTK?

Maneesh Yadav 97yadavm at scar.utoronto.ca
Fri May 19 20:39:36 EDT 2000

Hi all, I am going to re-phrase my original post (hopefully to something
more clear)

In my application I have a sets of data (just positions really), and what
I would like is for VTK to be able to visualize these; no problem.

But this data can change (the positions evolve with time).  Now I
originally assumed that VTK would take care of this for me, but it seems
now that I may be wrong (slap me if I am wrong). Does VTK have; or is
there any generally accepted methodology that dictates how the
visualzation of dynamic data should be handled?

Should I re-make the actors, each time the data changes?

I would enjoy thinking about altering the source myself..but anything I
can come up with seems to be quite at the 'core' level

I am doing my development in python; so there are no inherent smalltalk
like observer/notify methods and the way numbers are an immutable type
might make this difficult.

None of the examples I see really do visualize any dynamic data (load
data; make it pretty and spin it around).

BTW I did just order the book (user guide) so if my answers are in there;
that is all I need to know.

"info vtkusers" to the same address.