Bug report: vtkEdgeTable

Claudia Goenner goenner at techinfo.rwth-aachen.de
Fri May 19 11:01:31 EDT 2000

Hi all,

    I am using vtk3.1.2 and noticed a bug in the class vtkEdgeTable.
When I use  InsertUniquePoint  of the vtkEdgeTable I get a segmentation
fault. I traced the problem down to the following line in
vtkMyEdgeTable::InitPointInsertion (vtkPoints *newPts, int estSize):

  this->Points = newPts;                           //everything OK
  this->Points->Register(this);                //this->Points is set to
0x0

The call this->Points->Register(this) sets this->Points to NULL and
InsertUniquePoint cannot insert points because it does not know the
address of the vtkPoints. I did not look any further into registering.
Could you please fix it?

My code is:

  int numCells, numPts, i, edgeId;
  vtkPoints *edgePoints = vtkPoints::New();
  vtkEdgeTable *edgeTable = vtkEdgeTable::New();
  int cellPts[3];
  float normal[3];

  edgePoints->SetNumberOfPoints(3*numCells);
//max. 3 edges per polygon
  edgeTable->InitPointInsertion(edgePoints, numPts);

  edgeTable->InsertUniquePoint(cellPts[i],cellPts[(i+1)%3],point,edgeId)

Thanks,
Claudia

"info vtkusers" to the same address.