vtk31/local problems with Tcl/Python wrapping

Randall A. Jones Randall.A.Jones at gsfc.nasa.gov
Wed May 17 15:49:34 EDT 2000

I am adding a class to vtk31.  There are a number of .h and .cxx files
associated with the vtk component "vtkLWOBWriter".  When building the
Tcl bindings/libs, ../wrap/vtkWrapTcl is run on all of the components
for vtkLWOBWriter
They are listed under "ABSTRACT =" in vtk31/local/Makefile.in
The build is trying to run vtkWrapTcl on these.  It is resulting in a
syntax error because they are not "vtk" subclasses I'm assuming.

        rm -f tcl/vtkLWOBTcl.cxx; /usr/tmp/src/vtk31/wrap/vtkWrapTcl
./vtkLWOB.h ./../wrap/hints 1 > tcl/vtkLWOBTcl.cxx
syntax error

Does the wrapper have to know about the abstract parts of vtkLWOBWriter?

Any suggestions on how to get past this would be appreciated.

My only thought is to move the other parts somewhere else and somehow
get them to link into the build_local.

Thanks for the help.
Randall

Ken Martin wrote:

> It looks good except for the multiple inheritance. I don't remember if VTK
> supports multiple inheritance in the Tcl wrapping. The rest looks fine as
> far as I can tell.
>
> - Ken
>
> At 04:31 PM 5/15/00 -0400, Randall A. Jones wrote:
> >Hello.
> >   I'm trying to add a class to vtk31 in the local area.  The libVTKLocal
> >library compiles fine.  When it gets to the Tcl stuff it gives a syntax
> >error.  Are there required class components for the Tcl bindings that I
> >might be missing?
> >
> >Thank You,
> >Randall Jones
> >--
   Scientific Visualization Studio

     _/_/_/_/ _|    _/ _/_/_/_/  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
    _/        _|   _/ _/        Randall A. Jones   301-286-2239
   _/_/_/_/   _|  _/ _/_/_/_/  Raytheon ITSS         Code 935
        _/    _| _/       _/  Randall.A.Jones at gsfc.nasa.gov
 _/_/_/_/     _|_/ _/_/_/_/  http://svs.gsfc.nasa.gov
"info vtkusers" to the same address.