libvtkJava should be linked with libXt (bug report?)

Rene Tschirley pooh at cs.tu-berlin.de
Wed May 17 11:49:09 EDT 2000

Dear list,

This might be a bug report: with your help I was able to install vtk3.1
with Java support. First steps with a quite easy pipeline (visualizing
a sphere) did lead to the problem that the Makefile in java/ forgot
to include libXt.so to libvtkJava.so, so I got the runtime error:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/pakete/vtk31/java/libvtkJava.so: /usr/local/lib/libVTKGraphics.so: undefined symbol: XtStrings
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1315)
        at Visual.<clinit>(Visual.java:15)
        at bfr.main(bfr.java:39)

I added -lXt to the Makefile and now I get at least my vtk window :)

Bye,
	René

--
Dipl.-Inform. René Tschirley,              http://cg.cs.tu-berlin.de/~pooh
TU Berlin, Computer Graphics and Computer Assisted Medicine research group