BUGRPT: VTK 3.1 & Python callbacks

Randall Hopper aa8vb at yahoo.com
Tue May 16 12:52:23 EDT 2000

David Gobbi:
 |Randall Hopper:
 |> It appears that VTK 3.1 doesn't check for error when returning from a
 |> Python callback
 |
 |I noticed this problem about a year ago, but it hasn't come up in any
 |of my own code recently.  I've committed a fix to CVS.  If you want to
 |patch your own copy, add
 |
 |  if (PyErr_Occurred())
 |    {
 |    PyErr_Print();
 |    }

Thanks.  I get that stack trace now.

This won't propagate the error though, will it?  Is there a mechanism to
fail an object and the pipeline in the VTK internals?

In Python, this could intuitive surface as an exception thrown by the
ProgrammableSource object when the Render pass occurs.

--
Randall Hopper
aa8vb at yahoo.com
"info vtkusers" to the same address.