How to move streamlines faster...

Pablo Figueroa pfiguero at cs.ualberta.ca
Fri May 12 12:03:43 EDT 2000

Hi everybody,

I need help with the following problem:
In the streamlines example inside a kitchen, I want to move the source
line on the wall source to see different streamlines. Since the
computation takes time. I would like to create a buffer of streamlines and
I would like to select them depending on the position of a line. My
solution is based in the following filters:

PlaneSource ----> StreamLine ----> SelectPolyData ---> PolyDataMapper
                                        ^

	                             loop (selection line)

PlaneSource defines the area where I want to interact and SelectPolyData
filters streamlines. However I have two problems:

- SelectPolyData doesn't filter lines, just surfaces
- The combination PlaneSource/StreamLine creates too much information

My questions are: Do I have to create my own filter for this purpose,
instead of SelectPolyData? Is there a better way to define the interaction
area than the PlaneSource? Is there a better way to achieve interactive
frame rates?

Thanks in advance. Best Regards,

Pablo Figueroa              pfiguero at cs.ualberta.ca
PhD Student                 http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~pfiguero