[vtkusers] vtkCamera Dolly & FocalPoint

John Biddiscombe j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk
Thu May 11 09:45:23 EDT 2000

>I want to move my camera over a terrain, like a flight sym (more like an
>helicopter). I have a question about the Dolly method, because the focal
point
>distance decreases as I Dolly the camera, until I can can't move, because
>distance is too small. How can I translate my camera on a parallel plane
over my
>terrain, keeping the focal point on the terrain but at constant distance from
>the camera? (I'm using vtk 3.1.2 nightly 5-9-2000)

I recently added vtkInteractorStyleFlight to graphics\
it allows flight over terrain. Exactly my reason for creating it. If you
don't use the latest nightly distribution, you might want to start doing
so. I've added a few functions that I need for flying around, but if you
were to chip in and add some more I'd be very happy.

John B

"info vtkusers" to the same address.