Streamlines in 2D Data

David D. Marshall gte552m at prism.gatech.edu
Tue May 9 14:59:50 EDT 2000

If I have a vtkStructuredGridSource -> vtkStreamLine ->
vtkPolyDataMapper -> vtkActor pipeline where the source contains at
least two planes of data then I can generate all of the streamlines I
want, but if if the source data is planar, then I don't get any
streamlines.  I've tried to turn on debugging, but I get nothing
surprising, just that it generated no lines.  Even if I force the z
velocity to zero (instead of ~+/- 1e-15) I don't get any streamlines for
the planar data.  Is this a limitation on the streamline filter that it
must have 3D cells to compute streamlines?

--
David D. Marshall
ARTLab System Administrator/GRA
mailto:gte552m at prism.gatech.edu