elevation data

David Gobbi dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
Tue May 9 12:22:28 EDT 2000

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Joey Mukherjee wrote:

> >A related question - is it possible in vtk to work in other coordinate
> >systems (eg spherical) by some vtk mechanism (ie, not just recomputing
> >all my variables into spherical coords).
>
> That sure would be nice, but alas, I don't think so.
>
> Joey

It isn't such a crazy feature, though.  The vtkGeneralTransform could
be subclassed to provide a vtkSphericalTransform which would convert
the data from spherical to cartesian coords just before the data is
sent to the mapper.  I'm not sure if the inverse transform (cartesian
to spherical) would be well-behaved, though.

 - David

  David Gobbi, MSc                    dgobbi at irus.rri.on.ca
  Advanced Imaging Research Group

"info vtkusers" to the same address.