Using vtkXYPlotActor

Vetle Roeim vetler at ifi.uio.no
Tue May 9 06:25:46 EDT 2000

I'm trying to use the vtkXYPlotActor to plot points, but it seems that
its use is a little restricted.

The value on the y-axis can be any float value, but the value on the
x-axis is restricted to either the point id, the acr length of the
cumulative arc length of the points, or the nirmalized arc length of the
points.

It seems a little strange that I should not be able to plot simple points
at any x and y coordinate. Would it not be possible to adapt the class to
get its x-values from the points in the datasets point data?

The points in the point data is already extracted in
vtkXYPlotActor::CreatePlotData (which draws the plot), so it looks like
this would be a simple modification.

Or am I missing something here?

Thanks,
vr