Compiling on a Sun Ultra with Solaris, xgl, opengl,ELite-3D

John Hipp jhipp at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed May 3 10:03:52 EDT 2000

Thank you all for the fast and effective help with overcoming the limitations of the X11 files on the SUN.
The original problem was overcome.
However, the compile moves on and stops with the following message:

c++  -fpermissive -fPIC -DVTK_WORDS_BIGENDIAN -DVTK_USE_PTHREADS -D_HP_NO_FAST_MACROS -DHAVE_LIMITS_H -DHAVE_UNISTD_H -I.  -I. -I./../graphics -DVTK_USE_GRAPHICS -I./../imaging -DVTK_USE_IMAGING  -I/usr/openwin/include  -I./../common -I/space/NETSTUFF/tk8.3.1/generic -I/space/NETSTUFF/tcl8.3.1/generic   -c vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx -o vtkGraphicsFactory.o
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx: In function `static class vtkObject * vtkGraphicsFactory::CreateInstance(const char *)':
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: `vtkXRenderWindowInteractor' undeclared (first use this function)
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: for each function it appears in.)
vtkGraphicsFactory.cxx:181: parse error before `::'
make[1]: *** [vtkGraphicsFactory.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/space/NETSTUFF/vtk31/graphics'
make: *** [build_graphics] Error 2

I looked into the code, but I am no match for that.
Your assitance would once again be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John Hipp, Baylor College of Medicine

"info vtkusers" to the same address.