Compiling on a Sun Ultra with Solaris, xgl, opengl, ELite-3D

Bryan VanDeVen bryanv at arlut.utexas.edu
Tue May 2 18:28:15 EDT 2000

> Actually, the problem is that gcc needs an option to work with
> the broken X11 files that come with the sun.
>
> If you add -fpermissive in user.make to USER_CXXFLAGS, I think
> it fixes the problem.

An even better solution than -fpermissive is to add "-isystem
/usr/openwin/include" (or something equivalent) to CXX_FLAGS in your
user.make, that way g++ will only be lenient for the specified
system directories and still strict for everything else.

Again, this seems to come up quite frequently, maybe it should be made a
FAQ :)

Regards,

--
Bryan Van de Ven