Which graphics card to buy?

Dimitris Agrafiotis d.agrafiotis at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Mar 30 07:16:46 EST 2000

Dear All

I am planning to buy a graphics card for my PC (Pentium III / 500MHz/
Windows NT) and I have to decide between the following two:
3DLabs Oxygen GVX210 AGP 64 MB
ELSA Gloria II AGP(with the NVIDIA Quadro chip &  64 MB)

Has anyone out there had any experience with any of the two cards? I
will mainly use it for volume (ray casting and/or texture mapping) and
surface rendering of medical images.

I need some suggestions urgently!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance
Dimitris

Dimitris Agrafiotis
University of Bristol
Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering
Merchant Venturers Building
Woodland Road, Bristol BS8 1UB, UK
Phone:  (+ 44 117) 9545194
E-mail: d.agrafiotis at bristol.ac.uk