isosurface to volume(solid model)

Michael Freytag mkfreytag at students.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 22 13:49:03 EST 2000

Some answers:
1:
I would expect that you can export the isosurface as an STL file since it
is just a bunch of triangles.  If your solid modeler can import STL then
you should be all set.  (Note:  you will probably run into difficulties if
the iso-surface does not unambiguously enclose a volume.)  I would suggest
you take a look at the types of files your solid modeling package can
import as some modelers can also import VRML files.

I know one of my associates has used Ironcad to import an STL file and
convert it to a solid (BRep) in Ironcad's native format.

2:
No, not in the sense of a Pro/Engineer, Ironcad, Unigraphics, Parasolid,
Solidworks, etc native solid model.

3:
Don't know...

~Michael