BUG Using tcl interp command with VTK

Miguel Angel Martin Fernandez vtk at helios.tel.uva.es
Wed Mar 22 11:38:07 EST 2000

Hello,

	We're making a distributed VTK program with server-client
architecture. We use tcl RPCs to commmunicate the server with the clients.
For each client connected to the server, I create a new interp in tcl
which execute the commands asked by the client. Everything seems good, but
I have a big problem while using tcl interps with VTK. (I have no problems
with the communication). In the next script you can see the problem:

$ wish
% interp create one
% interp eval one load vtktcl
(here it says that this is not a Tk application but never mind)
% interp eval one vtPolyDataSource source
% interp create two
% interp eval two load vtktcl
% interp eval two vtkMarchingCubes cubes
% interp delete two
(no error)
% interp delete one
Segmentation Fault (this error is independent of the deletion of interp
two)

On the other hand, executing the next script:
% interp create one
% interp create two
% interp eval one load vtktcl
% interp eval two load vtktcl
% interp eval one vtkPolyDataSource poly
% interp eval two vtkMarchingCubes cubes
% interp delete two
% interp delete one

No errors at all

It's supposed that the interps are independent, but if I execute:

% interp create one
% interp create two
% interp eval one load vtktcl
% interp eval two load vtktcl
% interp eval one vtkPolyDataSource poly
% interp eval two vtkPolyDataSource poly
a vtk object with that name already exists.

In the interp two there isn't any command with that name

% interp eval one info commands poly
poly
% interp eval two info commands poly
(nothing)
and
% info commands poly
(nothing)

This is what is expected, but it isn't logic "a vtk object with that name
already exists."

Any idea will be welcome.

Thank you very much in avance.

	Miguel.

  \········(_   Miguel Ángel Martín Fernández                      _)········/
   \·······(_   ETSI Telecomunicación, Universidad de Valladolid   _)·······/
    \······(_   Campus Miguel Delibes, Camino del Cementerio, s/n  _)······/
     )·····(_   e-mail: miguel at atenea.tel.uva.es                   _)·····(
    /······(_   Tfno: +34-983-423000 Ext. 25548                    _)······\

"info vtkusers" to the same address.