vtkImageWriter and this->FileLowerLeft

Brian Alexander Todd bat5 at po.cwru.edu
Mon Mar 20 11:54:17 EST 2000

Dear vtkusers,

I'm using a vtk nightly release from ~ 2000/02/20

I derived a class from vtkImageWriter to write
my image data back to disk.  The file that I want
to write consists of a custom header and then the
usual listing of 16 bit numbers from my
vtkStructuredPoints dataset with scalar type short.
In the derived class, I define a ctor and override
only WriteHeader (not WriteData).

In the ctor of my class I set this->FileLowerLeft = 1;
However, the orientation of the image doesn't change.
e.g., I get the same thing if I have this->FileLowerLeft = 0;
or this->FileLowerLeft = 1;

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Brian Todd

Brian Todd
email:      bat5 at po.cwru.edu