Getting the right view

Lisa S. Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Sat Mar 11 00:33:12 EST 2000

Hello Brian,

By "touching one actor" do you mean touching the actual actor, or some part
of the bounding box of the actor?

I don't believe there is a simple was to do it.

One way to do it, if you are writing C++ code for it, is to get each point
of the bounding box of each actor (or every point in every actor) and
transform it according to the camera matrix into a coordinate in "camera
space". Using these results you can adjust some camera settings (which ones
would depend on whether you are using a perspective or parallel viewing
transform) to achieve the desired results. If you want it to touch in all
four directions, you'll also need to adjust the aspect ratio of the window.

Lisa