[vtkusers] Combining event loops from Qt Application and VTK Interactors

Jan Stifter j.stifter at medres.ch
Tue Jun 27 06:28:23 EDT 2000

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 16:10:05 +0200, "Marcel van Straten"
<streets at mediaport.org> wrote:

>All,
>
>I want to combine Trolltech Qt and VTK. Before trying to use a
>vtkRenderWindow as a QWidget, I would like to have separate windows (one for
>VTK / OpenGL rendering and one for Qt GUI).

hi marcel,
in my opinion, there are four packages:

* VTKandQT from Jan Stifter (me):
  http://www.medres.ch/~jstifter/vtkandqt/
* vtkqgl from Jan Erhardt:
  http://www.medinf.mu-luebeck.de/~ehrhardt/vtkQGL/vtkQGL.html
* vtkgql (same name but different package) from M. P. Pagey:
  http://pagey.penguinpowered.com/~pagey/Software/vtkQGL/
* vtkqt from Matthias Koenig:
  http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~makoenig/vtkqt.html

>In order to process events generated in both windows, I have to combine the
>event loops (I suppose). Does anyone have experiences with doing this?

This is no problem with my package. you can take a
RenderWindowInteractor, in which you have signals/slots mechanism of
qt.

jan